I'm tired as hell...its been a very slow weekend but if I don't update this now, I'll get left behind. So I might as well suck it up and post. Friday morning, the vast majority of the day was spent in traffic. When it gets cloudy and it starts to pour a little, white America turns into a bunch of goddamn pussies driving 20 mph. They dont know what flooding means, they see two inches and start to freak. You grow up in Pakistan, where whole houses are drowning, people are dying by the thousands, that's flooding. America has only recently had a slew of torrential downpour as well as Hurricane Season, speaking of which, Hurricane Ike did a lot of damage. It really is a shame but I digress. I went to Pittsburgh, I had my doubts about the place, about the campus, about the room that I'd be working in. It needs a lot of work, its very vanilla, very bland...and who better than a brown man to add some spice to it?
The selling point for me however was the people at the University. nosilA (its not Nose-zilla...I wrote her name backwards, genius) is an awesome human being, now even though she's not my boss, she's still a higher on up at the University who I'll be working with on a regular basis. She was the female older me, at one point a Supervisor asked 'Can I sit here?' and both of us at the same time with the same joking intention said 'No.' She agreed that people like us were freaks, telefundamentalists. She was impressed with the agenda that I had set up for the upcoming months. The former coordinator, who I'm replacing is a sweetheart, and that's exactly her problem. She cant fire anyone or take action that might hurt someone's feelings. Not me. No sir. If there's one thing that I can do that Farz and Deep didn't have the balls to do, is to fire people. And I already have one person on my shit list. It was a long drive back but it was a relief to come back to the hotel. Maybe it was the weather, but I was feeling a bit down, my mood changes like a pregnant woman sometimes. I ate a shit load, and then was lying down for a while watching TV, being lazy. I think to myself, what's the point of being skinny, what has it been doing for me lately, who the fuck am I trying to impress? But Thank the fuck Christ my fast metabolism is taking care of the loads that I eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment