Monday, September 22, 2008

C.mizzle/Canada/1st Day

Niagra
My bad-ass uncle. Pete, you remember when you said you wanted to be my uncle's apprentice and learn how to drive a cab in the city. Yeah, here's a picture of the man, the legend. 
I have to commandeer that ship...that's where the gold is. 
Called dibs on it you Lucky Charms fuck
My mommy


Just came back from a 14 hour workday, aint no joke, and I don't think there's any overtime but there's a reason for all of this.

Thursday: My first day at C.Mizzle's T-fund. Andrew and Julie were already there. Andrew, a rep from RC and Julie, who was the T-fund coordinator before me. They kept a watchful eye as I began stepping into the Coordinator position. Ten minutes into the calling shift and CampusCall has an error which neither I nor Andrew had ever seen. I was on the phone with tech support until 7:50PM when the problem was figured out. Even then, we caught up to speed and by the end of the shift, we had a decent $5000. It was a fun day all in all, especially because a few of my callers have begun to call me Johnny or Captain [jack sparrow]. They're good people. 

Friday: I was training my Supervisors, having a Supervisor's Retreat when my uncle called me. He asked if I was going to Canada, befuddled I was like "No, am I supposed to be going?" He told me that he was going and my mom and my sister might go as well. The reason for his trip was because his daughter (my cousin) is moving further up North...near the north fuckin pole because her husband got a very well paying job up there. I'm always up for adventure. Always. And I hadn't done anything exciting since I've started working. And why the fuck not? Oh, Ho-Lee-Shit, I had a meeting and my Supervisors Retreat part deux. A family emergency! I made a few phone calls and pushed everything onto Sunday, filled up my tank and went back to the hotel. 

Saturday: I woke up at 6AM, got showered and dressed, had free breakfast, compliments of Ms. Marriott. Hoped in my trusty Avenger and sped off into the great wide open. I figured it would also give me practice and stamina to drive to NYC. The closest thing to this was probably when me and House drove from Rocky Point to the Poconos. It was fun when I set out, blasting the new Raghav/Redman song. I got onto the I-90 and cruise controlled the motherfucker because it would save gas and I wouldn't have to deal with any bullshit. It became like the Endurance trials in Gran Turismo, three hours of just staring at the road, making sure that you'd make the four hour time mark (that was my goal, from PA to CA in 4 hours). The temptation to speed is always there but in the back of my mind, I know that my license is too damn important to me. 
I got to St. Catharines at around 11AM. I hadn't seen my mommy in 20 days but the look on her face was as if she hadn't seen me for 20 years. Yeah, I'm special, I'm spoiled, and I'm a momma's boy. Go fuck a goat. We left Canada at 10:30PM. I would have been fine driving four hours but I felt bad for my uncle who had to drive like 8 hours to get to NYC. He's a cabby so he's used to being a car for prolonged periods of time but he is getting old, and age takes its toll, even on someone as badass as him. By the time I was getting back, sleep began to strike, so I opened all the windows and turned the Rolling Stones up full blast. Got back, put my things away, took a long shit (it had been a long time coming) and then went to sleep.

Sunday: Woke up at 8:00AM because I had to be at the office at 9. Loaded and looked over the reports. Assigned people to pools. Had an over the phone conference call. Trained my Supervisors and began the calling shift. The first half went decent, we made around $5600. The second half of the day was beastly, we got a giant gift and by 9PM, we had racked up $28,000. That's an amount that I have never seen raised in one day. I felt like a high roller. Especially since this was my first day being a Coordinator all by mi lonesome. The least I could do for the callers was to let them leave 15 minutes early. And the caller, I'm probably going to get her a giftcard to Starbucks. I was running the weekly report, and the Nightly Log, it took for-fuckin-ever. I got out of my office (yeah, I have an office...I'll post pictures when it's all purrty) at around 11PM. So yeah, I'm tired as all shit after a long weekend and a 14 hour work day.

Ammar Ahmad is all work and no play. I guess it serves me well for having rum-laden nights atleast twice a week during senior year. 

2 comments:

Pete said...

Ok mofo, I'm all caught up now.

Unknown said...

Jesus, I don't talk to you for a weekend...and ALL THAT happened? Congrats on the big donation!

Btw, the abbreviation CA= California.