Wednesday, September 10, 2008

RIP Shaf


I was questioned at work today, about my ring. You've definitely seen me tote that ring around. My skull ring, the half skull that has two gun shots in it, which I wear on the index finger of my right hand. I was asked why I wear it, to which my response as always was, 'Because it symbolizes mortality.' From today on, that statement will bear a heavy burden, and will carry true meaning. Up until now, it was just a statement, a fashion statement but from hence forth, it will have a deep-rooted meaning, a symbol of pathos. I called Harleen today, to see how her DAT prep was going and just to chit chat when she asked me "Did you know this kid, Shaf?" to which I repled "Yeah, I do, he's a good buddy of mine, we had Indian Cinema together." She told me that he had passed away. I wasn't aware of any health conditions that he may have had. Didn't seem like the drug overdose type or the type that would take his own life. Harleen told me that he died in a car crash a few days ago. Now when people talk about the deceased, they often say "He was the happiest person you'd ever meet" or "He was so full of life" but Shaf, this kid always had a smile on his face, always. Dont believe me? Check out his pictures on his facebook profile. You wont find a single picture in which that dark skinned Bengali bastard wasnt shining his pearly whites. Every time I met him, he would greet me as 'Sup Johnny Depp.' He said that I'd be famous one day and make brown people proud. He was a good man. He'll surely be missed but not soon forgotten. Rest in Peace buddy. 

(What's wrong with people leaving messages on his facebook wall? I dont think the deceased check their facebook profile...unless the deceased have their own network)

No comments: