Monday, September 1, 2008
Chenges
I wake up the morning of my flight, 5AM. I'm not a man who eats breakfast in the morning but today I thought why not? Now, in a previous post I've mentioned my love for tits, I should have specified that I love women with tits. This morning at breakfast, my father was sitting at what we use as a poor excuse for a dining table, shirtless. The man is fat, rotund, grotesque. That's not the first sight I want to see in the morning, especially while eating. So with my head bowed, I ate, and thought about the day ahead and the night before. The night before was fantastic and at the same time, a cause for melancholy. If it had been any other day, I wouldn't have given a shit and would have been excited to leave. The six of us, the entire family was together and cracking jokes. That's a rare occasion these days with Amna being in college and the rest of us working. I'm gonna miss them. I began getting my things together. Clothes, check. Blowdryer/Straightener, check. Shoes/Miscellaneous crap, check. I was ready to leave. I picked up my phone, lo and behold, I had an email waiting, one of them from Barack and the other, from an old flame. It hits me like a kick in the nuts. A cosmic freak coincidence I suppose. I opted to leave that be until later. I said my farewells. I knew it was going to be difficult, especially on mi mum. Amna would be going back to Parson's and I'd be going away to Pittsburgh, her source of prime time entertainment, both of whom would be leaving. Ali drove me to the airport, on the way there, we both had a massive attack of the shitters. We got to the airport ASAP. I feel bad that Ali's all alone too, first Amit left for England, then his manfriend Yousaf went to med school, and now I, his kid-brother, would be leaving his side as well. As anticipated, I got the "Did anyone ever tell you, you look like Johnny Depp?" by the customs officers. Real fuckin sma't, you want a doggy biscuit? As if people are so friggin clever. Thanks. The plane was tiny, I've never been on a local flight before. When it started carrying speed on the runway, the only thing that I could imagine was being a car and gunning it that quick. It felt awesome until the plane took off. The plane flew by the city and on towards the grassy knolls of bumble fuck America. By the time the air hostess got to me, there were no more Nutter Butters. Curses! Sitting there in my seat, without another passenger next to me, I thought about the weirdest scenarios imaginable. I thought about the most horrendous and horrific things that could happen midair. I thought about everyone breaking out into song and dance, that'd be neat. I thought about being an action hero running off of the wing of the plane and then sky diving my way to safety. Just absurd and fantastical ideas. The flight was short, an hour and fifty minutes, just about the time that it takes to drive to Stony Brook. The plane began to descend and as it was ever so close to the ground, I thought 'Wow, this pilots amazing, I didnt even feel it' and then ten seconds later 'Ka-poof,' a jerky jolt, like one of those machines to resuscitate the heart. "Were losing him, were losing him, CLEAR, Ka-poof." And now for the worst part of the flight, waiting till we're clear to leave the plane and to wait for the lazy fat bastards ahead to get out first. I hauled my luggage to the Enterprise car rental because a Luggage Cart was five bucks (fuck-that-shit). I was provided with four options: Two cars by KIA (uhhh, lick balls faggot), a Nissan Sentra, and the Dodge Avenger. Just the name of that car makes it sound cool, like Birdman and Avenger, or Marvel's Avengers. I'll take it! It was nice to have my very own car. I drove out of there like a bat outta hell. Two hours later, I arrived in Indiana, PA at the Holiday Innnnn. My room's pretty fuckin sweet. Life is a lot slower here, it's a lot more calm, it's a lot more relaxed. I like it. But how long can I maintain this, I thought. Only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment