Thursday, September 11, 2008

Confidence Booster


Today was a great day at work (not that every other day isn't) but today my trainer said some things that really made me appreciate my job ten fold. I was told that 400 people were up for my position, they narrowed it down to 15, and out of those 15 that were interviewed, only two were hired. Now most people that get hired for this job, have been with the company since they were callers. The company, RC (I dont want to write it out as to avoid HR people to track this blog down) employs not only managers but callers and supervisors as well. These RC callers are groomed into Supervisors and those interested eventually become Managers. I feel fortunate enough, that they chose me, an outsider to become a part of the team. It truly is a privilege and an honor. I love this job, I couldn't have found anything better. Another thing she said was, "I have no doubt in my mind that you're going to be awesome at your University [again, the name of which will remain undisclosed]." I modestly answered "I was trained by the best." As soon as I get paid, I'll be sure to send the person that hired me the new iPod Nano, corporate gift wrapped by Apple as a token of gratitude. 

Grinds my gears:
Fat Cheerleaders...what the fuck? Call me old school, call me sexist but some things are best reserved for the skinnys. Cheerleaders need to be sexy. Also, Air Hostess', there needs to be a weight limit. For one thing, the safety of the plane, the less load on the plane, the better. Second, eye candy. Cheerleaders and Air hostess' are purely there for eye candy. Lets go back to the 1930's-1940's and have scales and requirements for such beauties please. Is that too much to ask? 

Inappropriate Sexual Innuendos:
I need to watch what I say at work. I mean no harm, I'm not even thinking of the double entendres, when a few seconds later my brain interprets it and goes "Oh snap."
1) While training the newbies, we were doing mock conversations, one of us was to be the Prospect while the other was to be the caller. The girl asked me, 'What do you want to be, the prospect or the caller?' and I responded 'I'll be whoever you want me to be,' at which point chuckles could be heard in the audience. 
2) I decided to stay out Round 2. I selected two girls (There weren't any guys in this hiring session, thank the fuck christ) and said 'I want you two to do each other.' As sexy as this picture sounds, they were not hot at all.  

Other highlights:
I had Papa John's Pizza for the first time ever. H0-Lee-Shit was that good. I came back from work, starving because I was training and didn't have time to eat. Since I was fasting, hunger had taken over my body. I dont know if that pizza tasted so good because I was fasting or it genuinely was THAT good. That pizza was as good as sex. If I wasnt so tired and wasnt so hungry, I'd add an extra topping to that shit, if you know what I mean. Protein baby! (Just kidding, I wouldn't actually do that, that's disgusting, but it gives you a good idea of how much I enjoyed it) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're the cause of the women's liberation movement of the 1960s/70s.