Sunday, November 2, 2008

Angry rant

Fucking cunts! I fucking despise the apathy that these students have towards the T-fund, from top to bottom, the lot of them, cunts. So, there's an expression in Urdu, 'maut parti hai' which roughly translates to 'death would beset them if...' they were to come in for an extra day not required of them. Or if I ask something of them, bitch bitch bitch, that's all I get. Even the Supervisors told me, that if I required people to come in for one shift during finals week, callers would rather quit and study than come in for their shift. I understand that this school is academically driven but have a sense of responsibility for your goddamn job. So these ingrates, I order food for the Full Staff Meeting, and by the time I grab my stats and get to the room, they've already devoured all of the pizza and chicken kickers that were ordered. Next time, I'll have to order a private stash. 

The Supervisors, I dont ask much of them. I practically do their jobs for them, I make the announcements, I set up the shift, I do logs after the shift, I ordered the food for the meeting, ran the stats, bought the prizes, and when I asked them if they'd like to make some announcements, they were like "You can do it." Like gee, thanks dipshit, let me do the honors. And then after the meeting, one of them had the gall to tell me "You dont provide enough intrinsic motivators," which might in fact be a valid point. More of my reinforcement is negative. But if they do well, I toss them in great pools, and if they do well in general, I come out, I congratulate them, I give them a pat on the back when it's due. So he has this idea that I should have a chart of 'The Fund' supports and that it may support extracurricular activities that they take part in. Great idea. I'd love to have a chart up there in the room, it gives them a good talking point as well, to have in their arsenal. I told him, "That's a great idea, drop nosillA and email and she'll send you some stats." He responds "Oh, I was kinda thinking that you'd do it." Have I babied them to the point where they cant take any responsibility? I remember them telling me that one of their former managers would leave everything to them and then leave because he felt like it. I decided to be fucking responsible and this is what I get. 

But you know what? This is fantastic. I like the mentality that it's every man for himself because come this fall. Me first. I'm going to do the same. Look out for my back.  

Now that I've cooled down somewhat, I did have a good day though. We raised $30,000 today. A third of which was because of yours truly. I hopped on the phones to show those bitches how it's done. It was quite a rush. 

No comments: